Updated: Jan 6, 2020
It’s hard to pinpoint that moment of time where a switch was flipped and I knew it was time to take control of my life. I think it was more like a dimmer switch, slowly seeing a light get brighter and brighter until BOOM, I can fully see what I need to do. And once you see it's time to make a move, you can’t unsee it...the challenge is actually making that move!
I took a leap of faith, and I made a move. I wanted to make a difference, and I did what I knew I needed to do, which was do what I’ve done my entire life - bust out of my comfort zone. It’s why I went to college at Penn State, 1500 miles away from home, not knowing a soul. It's why I went and got my MBA in Organizational Leadership while working full time, with a newborn son. I believe getting into your uncomfortable zone is where true growth and confidence begins to take shape. It's where the opportunities begin to show up. It's where you start to discover your true self and your strengths and weaknesses are exposed, but it gives you a chance to discover your true passions. I believe success comes when your passions align with your purpose, and the resulting chaos is one you'll thrive in.
I left my full-time job to pursue a passion of building people, and building businesses. What I didn't know was exactly how this was all going to play out, but what I quickly found out was once I gave myself that space to let this passion run wild, the right people and right opportunities starting falling into place.
A snapshot of our current operations:
· Partner / CEO – Kinley Corporation Parent (celebrating 110 years in operations)
· CEO – Kinley Corp of New York (a commercial general contractor in Allegany, NY and a division of Kinley Corp Parent)
· Partner / CEO – Wish to Play, LLC (building playhouses for make-a-wish and other clients in DFW area)
· Partner / Founder – Heart of Gold, LLC (holding company for a Grounds and Gold Co., a coffee shop opening in 2020, and Gold Ribbon Confections, a local specialty bakery operated by Maurice Ahern and started in honor of his son, Micah Ahern who passed away from cancer at the age of 7).
· Owner / Founder – Kinley Consulting, LLC (business management consulting, and the “engine” behind these new operations)
· Owner / Founder – Become Greater, LLC (private equity company, and the “behind the scenes” mindset for these operations)
· Board of Directors – One World Sports Association (International Non-Profit bringing people together through sports)
A summary of opportunities on the horizon:
· Focusing and Enhancing the services provided Kinley Consulting, LLC; specifically, focusing on the “intangibles” in helping businesses manage the transition from one generation to the next.
· Getting a new café opened in Dalworthington Gardens, with Heart of Gold, LLC as the holding company.
· New Partnership focused on real estate investment, mainly multi-family units in need of rehab and / or ownership restructuring.
Feel free to reach out about any questions or opportunities you have, and I'll be sure to give us the space to talk things out.